Please read below for important information in the Muir Community.
Family Fun Night
On Thursday, April 14th Muir PTA will host our Family Fun Night from 6:00-8:00. There will be games, a face painter, a magician, prizes and much more. For more information, please click on this Flyer.
Join D54 Foundation at Schaumburg Boomers game – May 20
Please join the District 54 Foundation for the Opening Night game at the Schaumburg Boomers at 6:30 p.m. Friday, May 20, 2016. For each ticket sold, $5 will be donated to the Foundation to support students in School District 54. Some of the Foundation’s current initiatives include
- Grants for students to participate in extracurricular activities,
- Breakfast programs for children from low-income households, and
- Educational enrichment opportunities through STEM (science, technology, engineering and math) after-school programs.
Tickets cost $11 and include free parking and post-game fireworks. In addition, children in attendance are invited to run the bases at the ballpark. To order tickets visit www.boomersbaseball.com/dist54 and enter promo code 2016d54; or click here to print out the District 54 Boomers Form and mail it to the Boomers with your payment.
High School District 211 Community Meetings – April 4 and 5
The next series of High School District 211 Community Engagement meetings will be held at Hoffman Estates High School on Monday, April 4 and at Palatine High School on Tuesday, April 5. Both meetings are from 7 to 9 p.m. and will feature the same topic – Student Involvement & Wellness. The final round of meetings on Finances and Facilities will be May 2 at Conant High School and May 3 at Fremd High School. Information gathered at these meetings will be used by the Board of Education in formulating a five-year strategic plan for the district. Additional information, including materials from the first two rounds of meetings, is available online at http://adc.d211.org/communityengagement.
Schaumburg Parent University – April Classes
Schaumburg Parent University (SPU) is designed to involve more parents in the life of the school, to strengthen family relationships, and to improve parenting skills that will ultimately result in improved student success academically, socially and emotionally. There are two upcoming evening programs.
- Using Technology to Support Student Learning: District 54 instructional coaches Hobbs Behrouzi and Becky Meyer will discuss how our teachers are integrating technology into the curriculum to support students, foster collaboration and differentiate learning. This discussion for adults only will be held from 6:30 to 7:30 p.m. April 14 in the District 54 Professional Learning Center, 522 E. Schaumburg Road, Schaumburg. Childcare is available.
- The Truth About Nutrition: Registered Dietician Samantha Woulfe will explore common facts and myths about nutrition in an interactive workshop for children in third through eighth grade and their parents. The program will be held from 6 to 7 p.m. April 20 in the District 54 Professional Learning Center, 522 E. Schaumburg Road, Schaumburg. Childcare is available for younger children.
If you are interested in attending these events, please click on the links above or visit the Schaumburg Parent University website at http://sd54.org/spu.
Multicultural Event—April 9, 2016
School District 54, the Schaumburg Park District, and the Bilingual Parent Advisory Council (BPAC) will be hosting our annual Multicultural Event from 11:30am to 2:30pm on Saturday, April 9, 2016, at the Community Recreation Center (CRC—505 N. Springinsguth Rd. in Schaumburg). Please join us for cultural performances by students of School District 54, crafts and games, and food from around the world. Admission to the Multicultural Event is free, and food is available for purchase (cash only). Click here to access the informational flyer.
04/11-04/22-PARCC Testing Grades 3-6
04/12-PTA Meeting @6:00
04/14-Family Fun Night 6:00-8:00