Curriculum Night at Muir will be on September 5, 2018. Students will be supervised in Art, Music, PE or LMC while their parents listen to presentations.
Mrs. Allar and Mrs. Burke will present in the gym from 6:00-6:30 followed by presentations in the classrooms. We hope to see all of you here.
- Schaumburg Parent University – September classes
Schaumburg Parent University (SPU) is designed to involve more parents in the life of the school, to strengthen family relationships, and to improve parenting skills that will ultimately result in improved student success academically, socially and emotionally. There are two evening programs scheduled for September. Please note that child care is always available.
- Springboard for a Healthy Lifestyle – Do you want to embrace a healthy lifestyle? Are you interested in participating in the District 54 Run to Read with your child, but don’t know where to start? Come to this free educational seminar for adults only and get your new healthy life started on the right foot. Hear from experts from Dick Pond Athletics as they discuss many topics including how to get started, proper stretching and recovery, information on a free Walk2Run program and more. This event will take place at 7 p.m. on September 4, 2018, at the District 54 Professional Learning Center, 522 E. Schaumburg Road, Schaumburg.
- The Happiness Advantage – Happiness is not something that happens to you but rather a choice you can make to lead a more fulfilling and enriching life. Research shows that choosing happiness has an advantage beyond simply feeling good. Come learn about the benefits of positive psychology and experience it firsthand through fun and interactive activities. Parents, guardians and students in third through eighth grade are welcome to attend. This event will take place at 6:30 p.m. on September 27, 2018, at the District 54 Professional Learning Center, 522 E. Schaumburg Road, Schaumburg.
To register or for more information, contact Meg Kwak at (847) 357-6586 or email@example.com. Leave your name, contact information, the number of children requiring free childcare and the name of your child’s school.
- Universidad de padres de Schaumburg – Clases de septiembre
La Universidad de padres de Schaumburg (SPU) está diseñada para involucrar a más padres en la vida de la escuela, para fortalecer las relaciones familiares y mejorar las habilidades de crianza que en última instancia se traduce en mejor éxito de los estudiantes académicamente, socialmente y emocionalmente. Hay dos noches programadas para el mes de septiembre. Habrá cuidado de niños.
- Una plataforma para un estilo de vida saludable – ¿Quiere abrazar un estilo de vida saludable? ¿Está interesado en participar en el día anual Corre para Leer “Run to Read” del Distrito 54 con tu hijo/a, pero no sabe dónde empezar? Vega a este seminario educativo gratuito solo para adultos y de comienzo su nueva vida saludable con el pie derecho. Escuche de expertos de Dick Pond Athletics mientras discuten muchos temas, incluyendo cómo comenzar una rutina, estiramiento adecuado y recuperación, información sobre el programa gratuito Caminar para Correr “Walk2Run” y mucho más. Este evento tendrá lugar a las 7 p.m. el 4 de septiembre en el Centro de Aprendizaje Profesional del Distrito 54, 522 E. Schaumburg Road, Schaumburg.
- Ventaja de felicidad – La felicidad no es algo que te sucede, sino más bien una elección que puedes hacer para llevar una vida más satisfactoria y enriquecedora. Las investigaciones muestran que elegir la felicidad tiene una ventaja más allá de simplemente sentirse bien. Venga a conocer los beneficios de la psicología positiva y experimente de primera mano a través de actividades divertidas e interactivas. Los padres, tutores y estudiantes de tercer a octavo grado son bienvenidos. Este evento tendrá lugar a las 6:30 p.m. el 27 de septiembre en el Centro de Aprendizaje Profesional del Distrito 54, 522 E. Schaumburg Road, Schaumburg.
- Regístrese con Barb Velez al 847-357-5074 o firstname.lastname@example.org. Para más información sobre Universidad de padres de Schaumburg y registrarse, visite nuestro sitio web en https://sd54.org/spu-Spanish.
8/27-MAP Testing begins
9/3-Labor Day-No School
9/11-PTA Meeting @6:00 p.m.
The Muir office will be open beginning August 6th from 8:00AM-3:00PM. As a note, the office will be closed on Thursday, August 16th as all staff will be participating in a professional development opportunity to better serve our students. However, the office will reopen at 4:30 that evening for our Back to School Night event.
Please make sure you have registered your child for the 2018-2019 school year to ensure your child is placed in a classroom. Registration now requires all students to prove residency. Students who are not registered will not be assigned to a classroom. If you rent, please bring in current lease and two current utilities bills. If you own your home, please bring in current property tax bill or current mortgage statement along with two current utility bills. If you will be registering your child for kindergarten, the child’s birth certificate or passport will also be required.
Thursday, August 16th Class Rosters Posted (1-6 grade)
Class lists will be available just outside the main office by entering Muir through the main entrance during our Back to School Night from 4:30-6:30. Kindergarten class rosters will be finalized after kindergarten screening and will be available outside the main office on Friday, August 24th from 12:00-3:30.
Thursday, August 16th Back to School Night
From 4:30-6:30 we will have an open house at Muir where students can drop off their school supplies, meet their teacher and enjoy a light snack from our PTA. We will also be selling Muir spirit wear and you will have the opportunity to join our Muir PTA. We hope to see all of you there!
Monday, August 20th First Day of School 1-6
Students should arrive between 8:25-8:30 each day and lineup with their teachers. Just as a reminder, the parking lot closes at 8:20 and 2:55 each day for arrival and dismissal. Instruction begins at 8:40 so it is very important that students arrive on time.
Monday, August 27th First Day of School for Kindergarten
Monday, September 3rd-Labor Day-No School
Wednesday, September 5th-Curriculum Night-6:00-7:30
Please join us on August 16 for our annual Back to School Night. From 4:30-6:30 we will have an open house at Muir where students can drop off their school supplies, meet their teacher and enjoy a light snack from our PTA. We will also be selling Muir spirit wear and you will have the opportunity to join our Muir PTA.
Class lists will be available just outside the main office for student in grades 1-6 after 4:30pm. Kindergarten class rosters will be finalized after kindergarten screening and will be available outside the main office on Friday, August 24th from 12:00-3:30.
We hope to see all of you there!
The first day of classes for students in grades 1-8 will be on August 20.
The first day of classes for kindergarten students will be on August 27.